Dr Parijat Chandra
Professor of Ophthalmology
Dr R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi, India.
Professor Dr. Parijat Chandra is a senior consultant pediatric vitreo-retina eye surgeon, and ROP Specialist. He specializes in pediatric retina vitreoretinal surgery and management of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and ROP Surgery. He has been educated and trained at the best institutes and colleges in the country.
He works as a faculty member in the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), the apex medical institution in India. He is currently Professor of Ophthalmology in the Vitreo-Retina, and ROP Services at Dr R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi, India. He is member of the National ROP Task Force under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
He completed his high school from the Delhi Public School (DPS), Mathura Road, Delhi. After that he did his MBBS from University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), Delhi with several award and honours. He then completed his MD Ophthalmology from the prestigous All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi. He then trained for 3 years as Senior Resident in Vitreoretina Surgery and ROP services. Thereafter he was senior research associate in AIIMS New Delhi under a CSIR project, before joining as faculty in AIIMS, New Delhi .
- Professor of Ophthalmology / All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) - He works as Professor of Ophthalmology in the Vitreo-Retina and ROP Unit at Dr R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS.
- AIIMS IHI Chapter - Chapter Leader - Leading and motivating Quality Improvement initiatives in clinical care in AIIMS faculty/resident/nursing teams and training QI across India. Read about the AIIMS QI.
- National ROP Project - Co-Project Director (2012-2016) - A collaboration with Sightsavers India to build capacity of 8 regional collaborating centers to further promote the ROP services in their respective region. More about National ROP Project.
- National ROP Summit- Organising Secretary (2012-2015) - Supported by Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, UK and PHFI to plan support for ROP activities in India.
- World ROP Congress - Organising Secretary (2013) - He was the Organising Secretary of the World ROP Congress II held in New Delhi in 2009 and the scientific coordinator of the World ROP Congress III in Shanghai in October 2012. More about World ROP Congress.
- AIIMS Sightsavers Project - Coordinator/Organizer (2008-2012) - Organised 12 workshops on Retinopathy of prematurity across India in collaboration with SightSavers to raise awareness among Ophthalmologists and Paediatricians
He has published 100+ articles in peer reviewed journals and written several chapters in reputed books. He has presented in 100+ Invited lectures. He has been a part of several international multicentric clinic trials like DEGAS, MONET, SHIELD, INSURE, and the currently ongoing RAINBOW study.